Can't get Demos Working

Jun 14, 2011 at 9:34 PM

I am simply trying to get the demos working so I can explore Facesharp. I currently have Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.

When I double click on FaceSharp.MVC in the root directory I get the following three errors:

C:\Users\t-alexl\Documents\FaceSharp-2.1\facesharp_98dc4d097783\FaceSharp.MVC\FaceSharp.MVC\FaceSharp.MVC.csproj : error  : The project file 'C:\Users\t-alexl\Documents\FaceSharp-2.1\facesharp_98dc4d097783\FaceSharp.MVC\FaceSharp.MVC\FaceSharp.MVC.csproj' cannot be opened.
The project type is not supported by this installation.

C:\Users\t-alexl\Documents\FaceSharp-2.1\facesharp_98dc4d097783\FaceSharp.MVC\FaceSharp.Samples.WebForm\FaceSharp.Samples.WebForm.csproj : error  : Unable to read the project file 'FaceSharp.Samples.WebForm.csproj'. C:\Users\t-alexl\Documents\FaceSharp-2.1\facesharp_98dc4d097783\FaceSharp.MVC\FaceSharp.Samples.WebForm\FaceSharp.Samples.WebForm.csproj: The project file could not be loaded. Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\t-alexl\Documents\FaceSharp-2.1\facesharp_98dc4d097783\FaceSharp.MVC\FaceSharp.Samples.WebForm\FaceSharp.Samples.WebForm.csproj'.

It does seem to be teh case that FaceSharp.Samples.WebForm is simply not there. There is a WinForm and a WinForms but no WebForm

I do not know why the project type of FaceSharp.MVC.csproj is not supported.

Furthermore when I try to run the program (after these two errors) I get lots of errors about how it cannot find the MVC namespace such as this:

Error 5 The type or namespace name 'Mvc' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\t-alexl\Documents\FaceSharp-2.1\facesharp_98dc4d097783\FaceSharp.MVC\FaceSharp\Api\GraphApi\GenericGraphClient.cs 7 18 FaceSharp

Does anyone know how to get this running quickly?

Thanks

Jun 15, 2011 at 7:09 PM

So the first error was solved by updated to MVC 3. 

The next two errors about missing WebForm still don't really know what's causing that (the project truly seems to be mission webform). Though it doesn't seem to be a problem...

When I run the application to hopefully run the example desktop sample I get this error:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

in this function protected void Application_Start()

at this line in                 

var enableSqlDependency = bool.Parse(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["EnableSqlDependency"]);            if (enableSqlDependency) SqlDependency.Start(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ShareThriftConnectionString"].ConnectionString);

Has anyone else successfully run the demo?

Coordinator
Jun 16, 2011 at 4:38 AM
I'm out at a conference this week, would you be able to wait until Monday and I'll help you out then? My apologies for your frustration.

The following may help:

You should be able to remove the missing webforms project which will help you out. The demo uses a SQL server database, in the documentation section of the facesharp codeplex site there are instructions on how to create the database.

On Jun 15, 2011, at 2:09 PM, "alimpaecher" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

So the first error was solved by updated to MVC 3.

The next two errors about missing WebForm still don't really know what's causing that (the project truly seems to be mission webform). Though it doesn't seem to be a problem...

When I run the application to hopefully run the example desktop sample I get this error:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

in this function protected void Application_Start()

at this line in

var enableSqlDependency = bool.Parse(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["EnableSqlDependency"]); if (enableSqlDependency) SqlDependency.Start(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ShareThriftConnectionString"].ConnectionString);

Has anyone else successfully run the demo?