Usage with SQL Azure

Sep 7, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Hello,

I cannot get things to work with SQL Azure. 

1)  SQL Azure does not allow for the ENABLE_BROKER command - "ALTER DATABASE [Database Name] SET ENABLE_BROKER " command.

2)  Also, the following SQLDependency commands do not work in the Global.asa for SQL Azure.

protected void Application_Start()
        {
            //SqlDependency.Start(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ShareThriftConnectionString"].ConnectionString);
        }

protected void Application_End()
        {
            //SqlDependency.Stop(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ShareThriftConnectionString"].ConnectionString);
        }

Any work arounds?  I really like things once I understood the facebook app directory structure and how it goes in FB.

Coordinator
Sep 7, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Drewid,

The code has just been updated to include a feature to help you out, I didn't get a chance to test it in SQL Azure, if you run into any issues with the latest source, please post back.

In the latest source you'll see a new configuration option:

<appSettings>
    <add key="EnableSqlDependency" value="true"/>

Just set the value to false.

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:25 AM

the configuration option allows me to skip the SQL dependency but isn't what is really needed because I "am" trying to use SQL.

For some reason SQL Azure just won't work, and is probably related to the Enable_Broker issue.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Will try to dig in further but am dead in the water without it.

Thanks

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2010 at 2:53 PM

The "EnableSqlDependency" allows you to continue to work with SQL Server but means that you don't have to "Enable_Broker"