Examples Question

Sep 7, 2010 at 10:16 AM

I have tried to get the example running (but i will caveat this with i did remove the database access) and i have ran into a problem.

Specifically, i start the application from facebook.com i.e. app.facebook.com/... the signed request is passed through and processed almost correctly (i have an expires which is empty) so i have changed the code in IsSignedRequestParameterPresent to allow for this.

In this same method however there is a call to another method called SetFacebookCookie which i believe the intent is for a cookie to be sent back to the client with the access token, the uid etc.  However upon examination of the code it creates a cookie but does nothing with it.

So my question is.... is this the correct code?  If so what is wrong? 

Regards

Jamie

Coordinator
Sep 7, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Jamie,

Can you review your application settings in the Facebook Developer App, under the Advanced tab specifically do you have both Canvas Session Parameter Enabled as well as OAuth 2.0 for Canvas (beta)  Enabled ?

(Full settings details available in documentation)

-Patrick.

Sep 7, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Hi

My settings are okay and i do currently have a working application.  My comment related more to the method SetFacebookCookie - i don't see how it can do anything and so i have to ask the question whether it is in fact doing what you intended?

Regards

Jamie

Coordinator
Sep 7, 2010 at 8:38 PM

It was put in place to satisfy an edge case to allow for the Javascript library / http post to be able to receive session information in the event that Facebook had not created the cookie yet.